Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nothing says Merry Christmas like Chemotherapy

            Hello all, I hope this finds everyone prepared and enjoying their holidays. We are spending this Wednesday at the infusion clinic. This is number 8 of 12. Which means we are officially 2/3 done with this 6 month adventure. I am working at the firehouse tomorrow and then we are heading up the hill to the Cabin at Donner for X-mas through New Year's Eve.
            The infusions are really taking a toll on Kym now. She just started feeling decent (for her) 2 days ago and now we start over. At least the cabin will be relaxing. If it snows, it will be even better. We have finished our shopping, mostly, and are looking forward to spending time with the Sinclair's. Which is always an adventure. We are trying to not look at the end of the tunnel to much and just take this one step at a time, but we are getting close. Kym and I's living together is now official as we signed our new lease together today.
            Being that it is the Holidays, I have been thinking of presents to buy. I think about all of the people who have done so much for us through this. I decided to give a bunch of shout outs here and over the next couple of posts so this one doesn't drag on forever. But I think it is important to let those of you who mean so much to us know that we recognize there has been sacrifice and giving on your part and that we appreciate it. I am also adding a few pics of Kym at infusion this morning. She has a cute outfit and matching cap. We also took the HUGE step this week of buzzing the little remnants of hair she had so it had a more uniform look. That is when I divulged how attracted I always was to Sinead O'Connor. :)
On with the Shout outs ( in random order):
1. Aunt Becky for all the awesome juice she makes for Kym.
2. Billy (our roommate) for wanting me to move Kym in when this all started so he could help us. He had an out and chose to stay because he loves Kym - Awesome and Patient
3. Kym's family for helping me when I have to be at work. Dave Lori and Heather have been amazing.
4. My crew and chief and brothers at work for understanding all of my absences and always asking about her and if they can help.
5. Everybody at Dameron Hospital for being so supportive in every way. Kym was so bummed she didn't feel well enough to go to the holiday party.
            That is it for now, I will do five per post. So from our family (even Ernie) have a wonderful Christmas Season. And know we love and appreciate all of you. Take time after presents to take stock in what you have. You never know where life will take you.

Merry Christmas,

Koy and Kym

10 comments:

  1. Kym even through the pain - your smile is the greatest!! Merry Christmas with all our love, Dave & Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin the no hair look girl! Keep up the good work (easy for me to say, right?) You are in our prayers constantly (Emme prays for "momma's friend Tym" (all her "k" and "c" sounds are "t's" on her own now!!) Much love to you and your fam this Holiday Season!! XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you Kym! Love seeing that smile!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so strong Kym! And watching this whole process play out on facebook and your blogs, have really forced me to take stock of all the blessings I have. Thank you for reminding me how precious life is and quickly things can change. I'm praying for you often!
    -Amber (From FFKC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you're beautiful when...you look amazing even with no hair! Hang in there Kym! Continued prayers for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new do! I love you with or without hair! Make sure my brother doesn't misbehave and if he does, there's always coal! ;) :P Merry Christmas and so proud of the cancer ass kicking you've done thus far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are amazing - Together cancer does not stand a chance!! Raley's has two charities each year that employees have an opportunity to give to. I am excited to say that one of the charities for 2012 is The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I hope that our donatins will help find a cure! Love and hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays! Kym, you're strength and his love and support for you is soo inspiring. I wish you two the very best and Blessed Christmas :) You ROCK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kym, you truly are an inspiration for all of us - our prayers continue to be with you --- hang in there, enjoy your family while you are all together for the holidays! Sending hugs your way! Thanks Koy for keeping us posted (old Miners Circle neighbor!)
    Susanne Linnane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brother and sister may you find solace and peace in knowing so many are loving and praying for you each and every day. Letting friends, family and public help, is the greatest gift you two can give because as you both live to help others it is TOUGH to let others help! You are a kick ass couple and we at the Loen-Burke home are blessed, inspired and humbled to know you both!! Merry, Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete