Thursday, November 24, 2011

This year Thanksgiving means something different to me.

            Hello all. I hope this finds all of you enjoying your families and great food over this Thanksgiving weekend. Unless you are working, like me and many others, you may have even had a glass of vino.
            My entire update is second hand as I have been in the Firehouse since Tuesday morning. But I have been in contact with Kym constantly (as usual) so I feel this will be accurate. Kym had an infusion appointment yesterday and it went pretty much as they always do. I can only imagine how much it must suck to wake up Thanksgiving morning and feel terrible and not want to eat and know that it will not go away for days. After Kym's infusion, Lori took her out to their house in Rocklin. She will be at Dave and Lori's (Kym's parents) until I get off tomorrow and go pick her up. At least she can be around all her family and not stuck at our house watching cooking programs with me. She says she is feeling okay, which I translate as the same as after all infusions. We are going to relax the rest of the weekend before I leave for a Burn Foundation function in Florida on Monday. I'll only be gone a couple of days but if any of you want to say hi, that would probably be a good time to call.
          I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and remind you to be thankful for the health and safety of your loved ones. You never know how quickly your world can be turned around.

Koy

2 comments:

  1. Koy,

    Kym is very lucky to have you in her life. I will continue to keep Kym in my thoughts and prayers.

    Let me know where you are going to be in Florida...

    Keep in touch and be safe.

    Mike Stallings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are both lucky to have each other.
    What you have is hard to find these days.
    All the Best.

    ReplyDelete